The Northern Liberties Town House, at Second and Coates Street, 1806. The Town House is the smaller building with the market sheds behind it. The large building is the missionary church of the Second Presbyterian Church of Philadelphia, which opened in 1805 and later became the First Presbyterian Church in the Northern Liberties. It is the current site of The 700 Club, a watering hole. This 1883 watercolor is by Benjamin R. Evans. Library Company of Philadelphia.

The Northern Liberties Town House, at Second and Coates Street, 1806


Leave a Reply

Comment moderation is enabled, no need to resubmit any comments posted.